Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Well, I had 2.5 good years anyway

It's been a little over 2 and a half years since K was born. I have been healthy and asymptomatic and had forgotten how bad it sucked to have heart issues. A couple of years before I got pregnant with her. My heart started skipping a few beats here and there. Maybe 2 per minute. After a while, my chest started hurting all the time. I had pain down my right arm. Just before I got pregnant with her, my heart was skipping every other beat. I stayed in bigeminy. I have PVC and PAC. My heart was structurally normal and there was no cause for the chest and arm pain Medications didn't help. So the doctor told me to learn to live with it. Easy for him to say.

When I got pregnant with K. Things did not get any better. I was monitored but, still was told I was fine, learn to live with it. After K was born, to my surprise, it got better. No more heaviness or pain. No more radiating pain down my arm. And I could no longer feel and hear my heart skipping around. It still skipped some, but nothing like before.

But it looks like the honeymoon is over. The last couple of weeks, I have been having pretty bad angina. My chest is heavy and painful and it's starting to spread down my right arm again to my elbow. I am really scared the PVC/ PAC's are going to come back in full force. It made me so miserable.

My blood pressure is also borderline. I started on the treadmill today and went 40 minutes. Maybe getting some weight off will help.

No comments:

Share The Love