Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Years everyone! Have you made any resolutions? Better question... have you already broken them? It's 8am here, New Years Day, and I have already broken at least 1 of my own resolutions!! LOL How's that for a promising star to the year??? One of my resolutions (in a general sense) is to be healthier. Of course, that's divided up into eating better and exercising. That's probably the goal of 2/3 of the nation, I know.

I'm supposed to start eating breakfast instead of just coffee. Well, I sit here typing, coffee in hand, and no breakfast yet!! I'll shoot for 8:30, just the thought of eating right now is like... blech! I weighed this morning. HAHA! Crap.. what a cow! I have eaten anything and everything that I wanted the last 3 days. That's something I never do. Though I am way overweight, I still try to watch what I eat as far as, I'm not gonna sit down with a whole box of donuts, etc. But ya know, I did this week... literally!! SO what happened? I gained 5 pounds in 3 days!! YIKES! My weight this morning was (cough, cough) 187. My weight is usually about 182, so that is what I am going to actually consider as my starting weight. I'm sure these last 5 pounds would have dropped back off if I went back to my normal eating.

My body is starting to give out on me. I have a really bad back and neck. I have degenerative discs in my neck and do not have full ROM in my neck. I have most of it, just not all the way left and right. Makes it more difficult to turn and look at the kids when they are behind me and when I am driving. I also have a really bad sway back. And it's been killing me for years, but is almost unbearable at times now that I have put on so much weight. I think my calf muscles have shortened, too. They hurt all the time when I walk and make me limp. I used to be embarrassed when we would park in the handicap parking with just Katie. But hey everyone just thinks I'm the handicap person I guess, with the way I hobble into the store! I really need to get in better shape!

Other things are mostly dealing with the kids. Jake needs to be stretched and in his stander. He has basically lost all ability to stand. He's not had a walker in over 2 years because Medicaid/CAP's incompetence. One is supposedly ordered, but at this point it's going to be useless. He has also been without AFO's for 3 or 4 months, but we go pick his now ones up next week. And Katie needs to walk. She is starting to bunny hop more than crawl. We have to get her to do more reciprocating. I need to be more diligent in making her walk. I also I want to increase my/her sign vocabulary.

I NEED to be more dedicated to sewing. I love to sew. I want to sew... but somehow I just end up HERE (online) all day. I do have my sewing room almost done and lovely and it's much more "inviting".

Anyway, it's 8:30... hum... blech, guess I need to go eat. I was going to do oatmeal, but I'm thinking maybe an egg. Something small and quick.


2009 Resolutions

1- Eat Healthier- (notice.. I didn't say diet, that's a positive step, right?) Breakfast everyday. Drink more water. I know I should set a number here, but I'm not sure what's realistic. I know what you SHOULD have, but I also know that's not gonna happen for me, at least just yet. Less junk, more veggies.

2- Start Cooking- I want to starting cooking (healthy meals) instead of opening a can of Spaghetti O's. I have several cookbooks here and will start making time to cook. It's not something I enjoy doing. Maybe if Gordon Ramsey came and gave me a few lessons??? Probably not.. he'd end up cussing at me and calling me a stupid cow I would bet! LOL

3- Exercise... daily- I do have a treadmill. Honestly. It's somewhere in the bedroom, under a pile of junk. Last time I used it, I could only go 10 minutes which shocked me as before I had Katie, I could do 30 minutes just fine. I intend to walk everyday as well as some yoga and/or pilates for my back, neck, and calves.

4- Put Jake in his stander and stretch his legs daily.

5- Get Katie up walking daily.

6- Learn/use 1 new sign per day.

7- I will be off the computer by 9am everyday and do housework, then SOME form of sewing/crafting, even if it's thumbing thru an Ottobre for inspiration. I think when everything is hidden in the back of the house, it's easy to forget that you want to be back there "playing", you know?

No comments:

Share The Love