Friday, April 10, 2009

This week's sewing- More Otto

2 more Onesies. I think that's all she needs. She has 5 or 6 total now. Both are from Otto. I think they are modified from the Bat Shirt, not sure which issue it is.


Otto- 3/2006 #25, "Sailor style pants" I shortened these a bit into shorts. Good fit.

Otto- 1/2006 #21, "T-shirt with hem frill". I forgot to shorten the shirt Kait needs a sz 104 thru the chest and tummy, but her length is more of a 92/98. So it's a little too long. The knit is no where near stretchy enough, so I'm not sure how long she will be able to wear it, as it's already a bit hard to get on.





When I first showed her this outfit, she smiled so big and signed "clothes" "pretty" and took them and hugged them. That was such an awesome feeling!!!




And a seatbelt cover for Jay. The standard kind that you buy at the store are useless. They're too short. They crawl up behind his head or down on his tummy and he isn't able to put it back in proper place. And his neck gets all scratched up/ rubbed red by the seatbelt and he can't move it. So I made him a long one.

3 comments:

clg0513 said...

aww...they really look like they are enjoying their mommy made items. I especially love the seatbelt cover as I need one myself. I am short and the darn thing always rubs my neck. Can you send me a link to the pattern.

cls0513 (at) yahoo (dot) com
thanks
Carrie

kerry said...

I love your onsies! Could you show what you did to modify your pattern? I don't know where to find the Ottobre patterns, where do you get them?

Micky said...

Seatbelt cover tutorial and onesie tutoral is up!!

Share The Love