Saturday, June 6, 2009

My sewing room makeover

I reckon most of you guys know I sew for both business and pleasure Anyhoo- I've been cleaning up my sewing room and was so proud I wanted to share! LOL ! My room isn't fancy or "pretty" but it's clean and tidy and MINE!!

So this is what you see when you walk in the door:


Close up. The ornament says "Angels Gather Here" ). The lady is my grandma who passed away a few years ago. She gave me my first sewing machine. She was my best friend (other than dh) and I miss her everyday!) The man is dh's brother. He was a deputy and was killed in an airplane crash in a drug sweep. The stuffed animals were a Christmas gift to my kids from a friend just before her daughter got her angel wings. They hold a place in my heart so I took them from the kids and now they watch over me while I sew.


OK, so if you are still standing in the doorway, this is on your left. I need to figure out what else to put on that shelf!




And this is on your right, though it's not taken from that angle. Notice the BIG hole in my shelves??? I pointed it out to dh... he just rolled his eyes at me. He knows there will be some more Chez Ami to put in there very soon!! LOL



and this is the wall with the door, I'm standing in front of my sewing machines. Excuse the poor naked manniquin!

3 comments:

Yuliya Y. said...

This is great! I wish I had a "sewing room" too! At this moment I cut my fabric on the floor and sew in my bedroom! But I still hope one day I can have my own sewing room!

cookie said...

I love your'e sewing room. So much space. I do have a sewing room but not anything close to your's.
Kerstin

Sew Lind said...

What a beautiful sewing space, with special touches from those you love :-)

Share The Love