This is the Thanksgiving shirt I sewed for dd that I messed up. When I was clipping the hem, I accidentally cut the coverhemming and the front fabric!! I got it fixed as best as I could and it's ok, I guess. The fray check dried mostly clear enough, BUT it's all hard a scratchy on the inside. I think it's long enough not to touch any skin though, so it'll be ok. No one will notice the pucker I'm sure, so I'm ok with it as long as it doesn't scratch her tummy.
I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a short pattern or if I just traced/cut it on the wrong size hem, but it was too short (would have been if I had hemmed it, and my dd is short so most things are too long on her!) Anyway, so I add the faux double layer on the bottom, which actually kinda ties in with the double sleeves, so I think it looks good. I did not do the shirring, instead I just did gathers (on both front and back).
This is the "Orvokki" from Ottobre 1/2009 with a Thanksgiving/turkey print from The Fabric Fairy that says "gobble".
I put it on her and she started signing "pretty" "purple".